New exhibitions at the MAJ!
We are happy to invite you to our new exhibitions in an opening reception on Saturday, February 1 at 2 p.m. The event is free and open to all.
Not to be missed!
- Maude Bernier Chabot, Brie Ruais, Elizabeth Zvonar: Afterimages
- Monique Régimbald-Zeiber: Of Works and Hours
- Chloë Lum and Yannick Desranleau: Treasures Are Hopes Made Solid to Catch the Light and Also the Dust
- A Peek at the MAJ Collection: Women Models
2:10 p.m. Official speeches
2:30 p.m. Guided tours of the exhibitions led by artists and curators
2:45 p.m. and 4 p.m. Performances by artists Hanna Sybille Müller and Erin Robinsong, in collaboration with Diffusion Hector-Charland and Ville de Notre-Dame-des-Prairies. The 4 p.m. performance will be followed by a public discussion.
- Vernissage of the art project Et si on s’entendait? – an experience that immerses visitors in proud, resilient deaf identity. Presented in collaboration with the Association des Sourds de Lanaudière (ASL).
- Collective creation, an activity for the whole family in collaboration with the ASL.
- Launch of the publication Les abstractions lyriques, about Jean-Paul Jérôme.
- Regional launch of the winter issue of Vie des arts magazine.
- Sign-language interpreters (LSQ-French) will sign the speeches and gallery tours.
You are coming from Montreal?
Take the MAJ Express!
Departure from Montreal at 12:30 from the central bus terminal
(métro Berri-UQAM, 1717 Berri Street, door no. 9)
Departure from Joliette at 5 p.m. from the MAJ
(arrival at Montreal at around 6 p.m.)
Only $15, to and from the MAJ
We invite you to take the public bus. Here’s how:
Already a member of the MAJ?
A 10% discount at the bar is available to our members during the vernissages, upon presentation of a valid membership card.
Images in the banner:
© Romain Guilbault, 2019.